Thursday, January 8, 2009

More changes

Tomorrow is my last day of Spanish classes and will be my last night living with Cesar and Paty, the MMN family. I'll be moving in with the host family that I'll be living with for the rest of my time in Ecuador on Saturday morning. I met them last week and I know they're really nice, but it will still take some time to adjust to a new living situation with new people. It will be especially hard because only one of the people in the family speaks English, so I'm going to really have to use my Spanish. I know that's good because I'll need the practice, but it still is a little nerve-wracking.

The other thing that makes me a little worried is that I'm going to have to come out of my learning environment at the Spanish school and have to really use my Spanish to do my work, to communicate, to do everything. I don't really feel like I have learned enough, but I also don't really have the money to keep going to class, and in actuality I'll probably never feel entirely ready to quit classes and just jump in.

Anyway, I don't really have any funny anecdotes today, I'm just trying to brace myself to pull myself out of my new-found comfort zone and adjust to something different.

2 comments:

  1. Girl!! ...You have done the impossible.....made blog-reading semi-enjoyable... but seriously you're writing is "absalutamente bueno mi amiga"

    There's a new German lawyer in the office where you used to sit. I took her to S-Bucks and told her all about how to get free coffee. I think she's sold on the idea because I saw her empty starbucks cup on the desk.

    We'll see if she keeps it until it disintegrates. That will be the true test.

    So .. in order to not disappoint you...i will leave you with a 'inspirational thought' that i noticed on an IKEA advertisement in the metro today

    "embrace change" ...see even IKEA is zen



    :)

    LF

    ReplyDelete