Saturday, January 31, 2009

La Piscina Peligrosa


In my apartment, I have a living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and La Piscina Peligrosa (The Dangerous Pool). La Piscina Peligrosa is what we call the second bedroom in my apartment which is for Martin to play in. In the room there is a small kiddie pool (with no water of course) where Martin keeps all of his toy sea animals. He has tiburones (sharks), ballenas (whales), pez (fish), un pulpo (an octupus), and a rubby ducky.

Really, the sharks (and maybe the octupus) are the only dangerous animals, but when I ask Martin which animals are peligrosos, he tells me definitively that they are all peligrosos. When I get home from work or from wherever I am, if Martin is home I can count on hearing his little feet run across the hall and then seeing him run into my apartment. About half of the time, he will then run to his room and look and me and say "la piscina peligrosa?" Then we go and play in la piscina, which generally consists of me asking about which animals are peligrosos and pretending to be scared of all the animals. The things that will entertain a 3 year old...

This morning I had a serious run-in with my shower. When I first turned it on, I couldn't get the water heater to turn on with it so I killed some time checking email, then went back to it. When I went back it turned on and the heater turned on as well, so I started my shower. Immediately after I put shampoo in my hair and was sufficiently lathered, the water turned off entirely. I waited for a little bit and messed with the faucet to no avail. I then got out and tried in vain to rinse my hair, first in the bathroom sink and then the kitchen sink. I waited for a while, unsure of what to do. Finally, I put some clothes on to go ask my host family if they knew what had happened. As soon as Miossotis came over to look at it, the water turned back on. Of course.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm having a rock-out shower as soon as I get back in the states.

1 comment:

  1. I hope this shower thing does not happen too often, you'll be counting down the days until your rock-out shower.

    Martin sounds like a little cutie.

    ReplyDelete