Monday, January 26, 2009

And the Saga Reaches a Conclusion

Today I took on Immigration for the fifth and final time. I went back to the first immigration office and got my passport back. Apparently it took them three days to put another stamp in it. Ecuador time? Next, I went back to the other immigration office to get my censo. That office was closed, for a reason that I never could figure out. So they sent me to another office. I went there and finally, a week after my first attempt, was able to get my immigration matters taken care of. I ended up going to three different offices a total of seven times. The exact same number of months that I'll be here.

Besides the immigration craziness, the week is starting off well. My two english classes at the school today went really well. I taught the kids the song "The Ants Go Marching" to help them remember numbers. Tomorrow is my most difficult class, so we'll see how that goes...
I also went on my first solo visit to a refugee family and that went well, too. I got there with no trouble (which is a feat, especially since I was using buses that I'm not familiar with). We're working on learning english because this particular family is going to be resettled to Canada very soon. Lots and lots of teaching english.

However, today was extremely exhausting. With all of the running around the I did I ended up taking 7 different buses, and walking a fair amount too. I was a little too in love with my coffee maker last night and I drank coffee at 7 or 8 and as a result couldn't sleep. So right now I'm trying to decide whether 7 pm is too early to go to bed...

3 comments:

  1. Not too early. Hopefully by now you are in bed already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no such thing as too early to bed... believe me. Glad you got it all sorted out!
    -christa

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7 is not too early...not when you were on 7 buses. :)

    ReplyDelete